How do I obtain a Temporary Protective Order?


It must be filed in the county where the abuser lives.


In Wayne County, go to the Superior Court Clerk to obtain a TPO. There must have been a recent act of physical abuse. You, as the victim, must complete the application for the TPO. If the court grants the TPO, the batterer will be served with the order. Within 10 days, both of you will be required to return to court to determine if the order should be extended. If the batterer violates the provisions of the order, he can be held in contempt of court and may be arrested. The TPO may become invalid if you make contact with the batterer.

Contact the County

Administration Building (more)
341 E Walnut St
Jesup, GA 31546
Get Directions

  • Phone: (912) 427-5900
  • Staff Directory